第3章 Slack Birds倦鸟族
- 和外国人谈职场那点事儿
- 李清如
- 1822字
- 2022-03-24 16:49:28
这类人患上了我们通称的“职业倦怠”,最常见的表现是:工作时常感到精疲力竭、容易情绪波动,经常妄自菲薄,服务质量下降,工作欠缺主动性,频繁跳槽,工作效率低等。与过去相比,现在的年轻人似乎更容易出现职业倦怠。
What is slack birds
什么是倦鸟族
In modern society, people are divided into different groups according to their features, such as the “thumb tribe”, the “moonlight clan”, the “strawberry generation”, the “rush-to-get-pregnant tribe”, the “quirky alone” and the “ant tribe”. Now there is another group of people named the “slack birds”. “Slack” means “sluggish” and “indolence” in addition to “tired” while the word “bird” can be used as the popular name of human beings.
These “slack birds” suffer from an illness of “business tiredness” with its common performance of frequently feeling exhausted while working, easy to get emotional swing, always thinking lightly of themselves, suffering a decrease of working quality, lacking working activity, frequent job-hopping and low working efficiency.
Many young people don't have an obvious career planning. They don't know what they want and change jobs again and again without any goals. Because lacking the enthusiasm on work, they are unwilling to devote themselves to their job or feel frustrated while working. Their negative attitude towards working not only prevents their own development, but cause severe effect on the companies, which suffer the decrease of service quality and instability of employment.
Apart from the reason of employees themselves, the employers are another aspect that should be responsible for this situation. High threshold and low salary hinders people from finding a satisfying job that they are interested in. In order to survive in this high competitive society, many people, especially graduate students chose the jobs that they don't like or even not familiar with. They work just for making live rather than for fun, the result of which is obvious.
For the purpose of resoling this problem, the government should offer more opportunities for people. Working in the field that they are interest in can fully explore their potential capacity and make more contribution to the whole society.
倦鸟族(slack birds),倦鸟中的“倦”除指包含疲倦之意外,还有懈怠、懒散、低迷的意思,因此疲倦(tired)一词难以表达出该词的全部信息。考虑到“倦鸟”之“倦”的特定含义,不妨以“slack”一词译之。另外,在英语中,“bird”(鸟)一词也可用做“人”的俗称,因此,综合以上分析,“倦鸟族”可译为“slack birds”。
Key words & Sentences
关键词句全知道
Have you ever heard about “slack birds”?
你听说过“倦鸟族”吗?
Now there are a group of people who are named as “slack birds”.
现在有一类人被称为“倦鸟族”。
Are you a “slack birds”?
你是一个“倦鸟族”吗?
The “slack birds” always feel frustrated while working.
“倦鸟族”在工作是经常感到精疲力竭。
The “slack birds” are another group of people apart from the “thumb tribe” and the “moonlight clan”.
“倦鸟族”是除了“拇指族”,“月光族”之外的另一类人群。
The “slack birds” always look down upon themselves and believe that they cannot handle anything well.
“倦鸟族”常常妄自菲薄,认为自己什么也做不好。
In order to find a satisfying job, the “slack birds” frequently change their jobs.
为了寻求一份满意的工作,“倦鸟族”很频繁地换工作。
The “slack birds” have negative effect on both themselves and the companies.
“倦鸟族”对于其自身和公司的发展都有消极的影响。
My friend is a “slack bird” whose working efficiency is very low and lack activity.
我的朋友是个“倦鸟族”,他每天工作效率都很低,也缺乏主动性。
The government and society should offer more occupation for graduate students for the purpose of the generation of “slack birds”.
政府和社会应当为毕业生提供更多的岗位以避免“倦鸟族”的产生。
The generation of the “slack birds” is partly due to their own factors and partly by force of society.
“倦鸟族”的形成一部分归因于其自身的原因,另一方面也是迫于社会的压力。
The “slack birds” always lack obvious career planning.
“倦鸟族”通常没有明确的职业规划。
For avoiding becoming “slack birds”, people should firstly increase their professional quality and set up their career targets.
要避免成为“倦鸟族”首先要提高自己的职业素养,确立自己的职业目标。
The formation of “slack birds” is closely connected with the social environment they're in.
“倦鸟族”的形成与他们所处的社会环境紧密相关。
The “slack birds” should arouse social comprehensive attention.
“倦鸟族”应当引起社会的广泛关注。
Let's Talk!
开始交流吧!
Bob: Justin, you look languish, what's the matter?
鲍勃:贾斯汀,你看上去无精打采的,怎么了?
Justin: I don't want to work and feel boring.
贾斯汀:不想工作,感觉很无聊。
Bob: You've just change a job for one month, still unsatisfied?
鲍勃:你换了这份工作才一个月啊,还是不满意吗?
Justin: There are huge differences from my ideal job.
贾斯汀:和我理想的工作还是有不小差距。
Bob: Do you refer to the major or income?
鲍勃:你是指专业还是收入?
Justin: Both. I was major in computer, while this job is selling. There are huge amount of work with low salary.
贾斯汀:专业和收入都不满意。我学的是计算机专业,但是现在的工作却是销售。每天工作量很大而且收入不高。
Bob: Why not to find a computer-related job?
鲍勃:为什么不找一份计算机相关的工作呢?
Justin: There are too many people who specialize in computer. I have no any advantages.
贾斯汀:学计算机的人太多了,我没有任何优势。
Bob: Since you've chosen this selling job, you should spare no efforts to do it well. Maybe you can be interested in this job gradually.
鲍勃:既然已经选择了销售这份工作,就应该努力做好。或许你会逐渐对这份工作产生兴趣。
Justin: To be frank, I'd like to change another job.
贾斯汀:说实话,我还想换一份工作。
Bob: You are really a “slack birds”.
鲍勃:你真是一个“倦鸟族”。
Justin: What is “slack birds”?
贾斯汀:什么是“倦鸟族”?
Bob: “Slack bird” refers to those who lack enthusiasm to their job with low efficiency and frequently change their jobs.
鲍勃:“倦鸟族”就是指对工作缺乏热忱,工作效率低下,经常跳槽的人。
Justin: It seems that there are many people who face the same problem as me.
贾斯汀:看来很多人和我有着同样的困扰。
Bob: You should change your attitude towards job, work actively and enjoy it.
鲍勃:你应该改变对于工作的态度,积极地工作并从中发现乐趣。
Justin: Maybe you're right. Continuously changing job is not a good choice.
贾斯汀:或许你说的是对的,不停地换工作的确不是好的选择。
Bob: Come on, I believe that you must be succeed in this field.
鲍勃:加油,我相信你一定会在这个领域有所建树的。
Justin: Thank you for your remind and encouragement.
贾斯汀:谢谢你的提醒和鼓励。