出生的喜悦

Dialogue

对话

Steven and Julia are going to have their first baby, so Steven invites his friend Tom to come to their baby shower.

史蒂文和茱莉亚的第一个孩子就要出生了,所以史蒂文邀请他的朋友汤姆来参加他们的新生儿派对。

Steven:Hello, Tom, are you free next Sunday?

史蒂文:你好,汤姆,下个星期天你有空吗?

Tom:I think so. Why did you ask that?

汤姆:应该有。你为什么这样问?

Steven:I'm going to have my first baby, so I plan to hold a baby shower next Sunday.

史蒂文:我的第一个孩子就要出生了,所以我打算在下个星期天举办一个新生儿派对。

Tom:Congratulations! But why do people hold parties before the baby is born?

汤姆:恭喜你!可为什么人们要在婴儿出生前举办派对呢?

Steven:It's the tradition. But baby showers as we know today were not common until after World War II.

史蒂文:这是传统。不过我们如今所了解的新生儿派对是第二次世界大战之后才变得普遍起来的。

Tom:In any case, I like baby showers, because they allow friends and family to share the joy and excitement of welcoming a new life into this world.

汤姆:无论如何,我喜欢新生儿派对,因为它们可以使家人和朋友分享迎接新生命到来的喜悦和激动之情。

Steven:So you will come to our baby shower, won't you?

史蒂文:所以你会来参加我们的新生儿派对,对吗?

Tom:Of course. I will prepare a good gift for the new arrival.

汤姆:当然,我会给新生儿准备一份好的礼物。

Steven:Thank you very much.

史蒂文:非常感谢。

Vocabulary and Phrases

baby shower 新生儿派对(在婴儿出生前举办)

common[ˈkɒmən]adj.普遍的

tradition [trəˈdɪʃn] n. 惯例;传统

excitement [ɪkˈsaɪtmənt] n. 兴奋;激动

记住这些句子,交流不再犯难

1.Mother knows how to comfort a squalling baby.

妈妈知道怎样哄大声啼哭的小孩。

2.I'm sure you will be a good mother!

我相信您会成为一位好妈妈的!

3.A newborn is ready to bond to its parents.

新生儿很容易对其父母产生感情。

4.A new baby is an addition to the family.

新生儿是家庭新的一员。

5.It's too hard to think of names.

取名字太难了。

6.Congratulations and best wishes to your new baby!

祝贺新生儿诞生,并致以最真挚的祝福!

7.We're going to have only one child!

我们打算只要一个孩子!

8.Please come to my baby shower next Wednesday.

下周三请来参加我的新生儿派对。

9.The newborn baby has beautiful smooth skin.

那个新生儿有着漂亮光滑的皮肤。

10.What's the final head count on my baby shower?

最后有多少人会来我的新生儿派对?

11.We've been so wrapped up in baby shower planning.

我们一直忙着筹备新生儿派对。

12.Do you have any name picked out?

你为孩子取名字了吗?

13.All the best to your little baby!

祝您的小宝宝幸福平安!

14.We are expecting a new arrival in the family.

我们期待着家中新成员的到来。

15.Please accept my warm congratulations to you on becoming a young father.

请接受我热烈的祝贺,祝贺您成为年轻的爸爸。

16.New babies are sometimes not aware of other people.

新生儿有时并不会注意到其他人。

17.The new baby was enveloped in blankets.

新生儿被裹在毯子里。

18.The new arrival is a girl.

新生儿是个女孩。

19.Tom will be throwing a baby shower.

汤姆将会举办一个新生儿派对。

20.Baby showers have always served several purposes.

举办新生儿派对总是有着多重目的。

精悍对话,句句含金

A:I have good news to tell you. I'm pregnant.

B:Godness! Really? I will be a father.

A:我有个好消息要告诉你,我怀孕了。

B:天呐!真的吗?我要做爸爸了。

地道口语大搜罗

Good!不错!

用来表示对某人或某事的赞赏或肯定。也可以说"It's / That's good! "

例:

——Dad, I have got high marks in English!

爸爸,我英语得了高分。

——Good! / That's good!

不错!