终于毕业了

Dialogue

对话

Steven and Bill will graduate from their college next week. Today, both of them attend the commencement.

史蒂文和比尔下周就要大学毕业了。今天,他们两个人都参加了毕业典礼。

Steven:Hi, Bill. Are you going to the commencement?

史蒂文:嗨,比尔。你是去参加毕业典礼吗?

Bill:Yes. Do you want to go with me?

比尔:是的。要不要跟我一起去?

Steven:OK. (Several minutes later.) Let's go into the school auditorium.

史蒂文:好吧。(几分钟后。)我们进礼堂吧。

Bill:Now, take this seat. Do you see those piles of red diplomas on the desks on the stage?

比尔:坐在这儿。你看到主席台桌子上那几叠红色的毕业证书了吗?

Steven:Yes. I find my heart is now rising and falling like waves, with all sorts of feelings welling up in my heart.

史蒂文:是的。我感到自己此刻已是心潮迭起,百感交集。

Bill:That's true. Four years' joys and sorrows of life are gushing out to my mind all together. I can hardly tell whether I am joyful or gloomy at the moment when I am about to leave the campus and start a new stage of life.

比尔:一点儿没错。四年的酸甜苦辣,一齐涌上了我的心头。在即将离开校园开始新的人生旅程之际,我说不出自己是喜还是忧。

Steven:How time flies. Look! The president of the college has come onto the stage.

史蒂文:时间过得真快啊!瞧,校长上主席台了。

Bill:He's going to make the opening speech.

比尔:他要致开幕词。

Vocabulary and Phrases

commencement [kəˈmensmənt] n. 开工;毕业典礼

gush [ɡʌʃ] v. / n. 涌出

gloomy[ˈglu:mɪ]adj.黑暗的;阴郁的;沮丧的

campus [ˈkæmpəs] n.(大学)校园

diploma [dɪˈpləʊmə] n. 毕业证书;文书;执照

auditorium [ˌɔ:dɪˈtɔ:rɪəm] n. 礼堂;剧院大厅

president [ˈprezɪdənt] n. 总统;校长;董事长

记住这些句子,交流不再犯难

1.We had a great graduation party.

我们办了一个很棒的毕业派对。

2.This is our beloved alma mater.

这就是我们挚爱的母校。

3.Thank you, my lovable alma mater!

谢谢您,我可爱的母校!

4.We just came back from our graduation ceremony.

我们刚参加完毕业典礼回来。

5.Did you get your cap and robe for the graduation ceremony?

你拿到参加毕业典礼的礼帽和礼服了吗?

6.They're all wearing mortarboards and you can't see his face.

他们都戴着学士帽,你看不到他的脸。

7.They say graduation ceremonies are a good way to celebrate success in school.

他们认为毕业典礼是庆祝学业成功的一种好方式。

8.You will still make it to the hall on time.

你们应该还可以准时到达礼堂。

9.My father was filled with joy during my graduation.

毕业典礼上,我父亲无比高兴。

10.Her mother was close to tears in our graduation.

在我们的毕业典礼上,她母亲差点儿哭了。

11.Remember to pick up your academic gown please.

请记得拿上你的学位袍。

12.Could you please come to my graduation ceremony next Wednesday?

下周三你能参加我的毕业典礼吗?

13.The ceremony should be an important and serious event in students' lives.

毕业典礼应该是学生一生中很重要和严肃的事。

14.Graduates should believe that they can make a difference in the world.

毕业生应该相信他们能够有所作为。

15.It is no doubt that we hold deep feelings for our old school.

毫无疑问,我们对母校有深厚的感情。

16.The commencement ceremony affirms each student's pursuit for knowledge.

这个毕业典礼是对每个学生追求知识的肯定。

17.It's the greatest sight at the commencement.

这是毕业典礼上最壮观的一幕。

18.Many students of the business school skipped the commencement ceremony of the university.

许多商学院的学生没有去参加学校的毕业典礼。

19.We should give you a medal as well as a diploma.

我们除了给你发毕业证书,还应该给你一枚奖牌。

20.Good luck in future.

祝今后一切顺利。

精悍对话,句句含金

A:Free at last! I finally graduate from school and I don't have to take exams!

B:Congratulations!

A:我解脱了!我终于毕业了,再也不用考试了。

B:恭喜你了!

地道口语大搜罗

Satisfied?满意吗?

"Satisfied? "有两种意思,一种是询问他人是否满意,另一种是间接地表达自己的不满。

例:

——Dad, I have finished my homework! Satisfied?

爸爸,我完成家庭作业了,你满意了吧?

——It's your own homework. You should have done it.

那是你自己的作业,你本来就该完成。