失恋没什么大不了

Dialogue

对话

Tom was just dumped by his girlfriend. Now he is sobbing out his sorrow to Steven.

汤姆刚刚被女朋友甩了,现在他正向史蒂文哭诉。

Steven:Tom, you look thoughtful and unhappy recently. What's wrong with you?

史蒂文:汤姆,你最近看起来总是若有所思又很不开心。你怎么了?

Tom:Lily broke up with me last week. In fact, she dumped me.

汤姆:上周莉莉和我分手了。确切地说,是她甩了我。

Steven:Why? I mean, why did she part company with you after seven years together?

史蒂文:为什么?我是说,你们在一起七年了,为什么她要和你分手?

Tom:She said it was because we had very different ideas about life.

汤姆:她说是因为我们的生活理念相差太多。

Steven:Do you believe her excuse?

史蒂文:你相信她的借口吗?

Tom:Of course not. I knew she had fallen in love with another guy. It is difficult to see her move on so quickly.

汤姆:当然不,我知道她爱上了别人。看到她这么快就移情别恋我真的很难过。

Steven:Come on, buddy, cheer up. Why not do some sports with me? Violent exercise might help to shake you out of your disappointment in love.

史蒂文:加油,老弟,振作点。和我去做些运动怎么样?剧烈运动可能会帮助你从失恋中走出来。

Tom:Thank you, Steven. You are really a good friend.

汤姆:谢谢你,史蒂文,你真是个很好的朋友。

Vocabulary and Phrases

sorrow [ˈsɒrəʊ] n. 悲伤;不幸

violent[ˈvaɪələnt]adj.剧烈的;猛烈的

thoughtful[ˈθɔ:tfəl]adj.深思的;沉思的

company [ˈkʌmpənɪ] n. 陪伴;交往

记住这些句子,交流不再犯难

1.She didn't weep at the parting or make a scene.

分手时,她既没有哭,也没有大吵大闹。

2.It's definitely difficult to see him move on so quickly.

真的很难接受他那么快就移情别恋。

3.We broke up because he was to study abroad.

我们分手的原因是他要出国留学。

4.To me, parting is a painful thing.

对我来说,分手是件痛苦的事。

5.He is just hurt because he was not the one who did the dumping.

他伤心是因为他被甩了而不是他甩了别人。

6.When out of love, the most pleasant spring will lose its luster.

倘若失恋,再美好的春天也会黯淡无光。

7.It seems to be a long time since your separation.

你们分手好像有很长一段时间了吧。

8.If you don't love your boyfriend, you can consider giving him the air.

如果你不爱你的男朋友了,可以考虑和他分手。

9.If we must part, I hope we can part as friends.

如果我们必须分手,我希望我们能像朋友那样分开。

10.Day by day the disappointed lover peaked and pined.

这个失恋的人一天天地憔悴下去。

11.What? Are you trying to tell me that I'm getting dumped?

什么?你是要告诉我我被甩了吗?

12.After the breakup, she is no longer able to laugh or lighten up.

失恋后,她笑不出来,也轻松不起来。

13.I'm feeling sort of blue today. My girlfriend just dumped me.

我今天心情有点抑郁,刚被女朋友甩了。

14.When she wakes up, she becomes lovesick and pines for her love.

她醒来后得了相思病,日渐憔悴。

15.Violent exercise might help to shake him out of his disappointment in love.

剧烈运动可能会帮助他从失恋中走出来。

16.Tom and Mary split up after they graduated from college.

汤姆和玛丽大学毕业后便分手了。

17.Why do you have to break up with her?

你为什么非要和她分手?

18.He was jilted by his fiancée.

他被他的未婚妻甩了。

19.She's disappointed in love and just wants to stay alone.

她失恋了,想一个人待着。

20.They split because they have very different ideas about life.

他们因生活理念十分不同而分手了。

精悍对话,句句含金

A:You look like you are dead. Cheer up! There are plenty of fish in the sea.

B:You know maybe I can't find someone like her.

A:你看上去毫无生气。振作起来!天涯何处无芳草。

B:你知道吗,也许我再也找不到像她那样的女孩了。

地道口语大搜罗

Stingy!小气鬼!吝啬鬼!

通常用来形容他人吝啬、小气。

例:

——You know he is my boyfriend, but he didn't buy me anything on my birthday!

你知道吗,他是我的男朋友,但我生日时他竟然什么都没有给我买!

——Stingy! Really he is!

他真吝啬!